Saturday, October 10, 2009

A new circular irrigation system! oh. wait.

Local farmer is really proud of his new, shiny $100,000 circular irrigation system.  It'll be great, he thinks.  Just the think to make my crops grow during the dry season! 

All I need is a power pole to the center pivot, and I can turn it on! 

Except that the permit for a single power pole (installed at the farmers expense, by the way) takes more than 10 months to issue.   It's not a power-company issue.  It's a planning and development service issue. 

Meanwhile, he's buying a $20k diesel pump that he can use while he waits and waits and waits for his electrical permit. 

I have the name and phone number of this fellow. If you're looking to verify this actually happened, feel free to contact me so that you can fact check what I've written here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing you have a stinking pile of this type of crap to report on. This is why our newspapers are going out of business. They just report on fluff. Well keep up the good work. I wonder at what point we will all get together and put a stop to it.

    ReplyDelete